• Purpose built DIN rail casing with integral clip
• Port auto-negotiation and polarity detection
• Transparent to industrial Ethernet protocols
• Dual 10 – 57 VDC power input
• Total galvanic isolation between each cable screen
• 500,000 hours MTBF to MIL-HDBK-217K
• –25 to +70°C (–13 to +158°F) with no moving parts
• Industrial EMC, shock and vibration testing
• Port mirroring function
• Diagnostic LEDs
• DIP switches to lock port parameters for old equipment
The SDW-541 is an unmanaged 5 port (4TX and 1FX) industrial Ethernet switch designed for easy use in heavy duty industrial applications. The unit supports 802.1Q long packets which allows all standard industrial Ethernet protocols to be used. A number of standard fibre optic connection types are supported including LC, SC and ST.
The SDW-541 is designed for use in industrial applications and so has dual power inputs for 10 to 57 VDC operation. Total galvanic isolation between each port is reinforced by the unique isolation provided between each chassis screen helping to avoid ground loop currents. The IP21 rating ensures that the unit can be installed in locations where condensed water may occur.
Only industrial grade components are used which gives the SDW-541 an MTBF of 500,000 hours and ensures a long service life. A wide operating temperature range of –25 to +70°C (–13 to +158°F) can be achieved with no moving parts.
The SDW-541 has been tested both by Westermo and external test houses to meet many EMC, isolation, vibration and shock standards, all to the highest levels suitable for heavy industrial environments.
Network diagnostics are simplified with the inclusion of port mirroring on one port allowing data flow through the switch to be monitored using a network analyzer.
All five ports can have data rate and flow control locked by DIP switches which can eliminate problems with old legacy Ethernet equipment that is unable to support auto negotiation.
Carl de Bruin