• Trusted Platform Module keeps cryptographic keys secure
• Secure Boot ensures software is authentic and unmodified
• Cybersecurity suite: 802.1X, VPN encryption, stateful firewall
• Zero-touch large-scale deployment
• Multi-service support: LTE, Ethernet, RS-232/485
• Industrial SCADA protocol gateway and conversion
• IEC 61850-3 Class 1 for medium voltage substations
• EN 50121-4 trackside approval
• Isolated power supply protects against transients and ground loops
• Dual SIM card
• Wide voltage input 9.6 to 60 VDC
• High MTBF of 1.600.000 hours
• Wide temperature range
The Merlin 4400 series of versatile cellular routers is designed from the ground up to achieve best-in-class Cybersecurity both in hardware and software. A TPM chip (Trusted Platform Module) keeps cryptographic keys secure. Secure Boot guarantees that the unit boots using only software that is signed and trusted by Westermo. A set of cybersecurity tools is available as standard. High security VPNs, stateful inspection firewall, user authentication and 802.1x are just a few of the features available to keep the device secure both locally and when transmitting data over the internet or private network.
Legacy serial (RS-232/485) ports allow the Merlin 4400 to be used in applications where it is necessary to migrate from modems to an IP infrastructure. The built-in industrial protocol gateway enables several devices using different protocols to be accessed via a common protocol interface.
The Merlin 4400, like all the members of the Merlin family, is compatible with the Activator zero-touch deployment software. The Activator software ensures that configurations are generated and deployed from a central server, reducing configuration mistakes and increasing efficiency during the installation phase of a project.
This compact unit is suited to tight spaces. Its high MTBF, wide temperature range and voltage supply ensure the Merlin can deal with the demands of industrial, smart grid and trackside applications.