• Economic and environmental benefits
• Access SCADA systems, HMI and PLCs remotely
• Wireless mobile broadband GPRS / EDGE / 3G / HSPA connection
• Compact casing with DIN-rail mounting for easy integration
• Wide power input range, 10 to 60 VDC
• Built-in two port Ethernet switch as well as an RS-232 D-Sub
• The connection manager monitors and ensures constant connectivity
• Easy to use firewall prevents unauthorized access
• Encrypted and secure data transmission with VPN-tunnels
• Simple replacement of analogue leased lines
• Ability to control and receive status changes via SMS
• Low-power mode for energy efficient application
Remote access removes boundaries, eliminates the need for time consuming site visits and provides a network infrastructure suitable for today’s “always-on” society. The MRD-315 industrial mobile broadband router uses the Internet to cost effectively inter-connect systems, allowing HMI, PLCs, sensors etc to communicate with each other.
A compact case design with DIN-rail mounting clips and the wide power input range between 10 to 60 VDC make the unit well suited for industrial applications. Easy integration with other devices is achieved using the built-in two port Ethernet switch and the RS-232 D-sub.
The stability of mobile connections can be affected by various different parameters and in order to ensure constant connectivity the MRD-series features a connection manager.
The MRD-315 offers network protection from malicious eavesdroppers via encrypted communication tunnels (VPN), and features a simple, yet powerful, packet inspection firewall.
For solar powered applications energy efficiency is vital and the MRD-315 has a special low-power mode to only be fully powered when needed. The built-in serial port offers a simple modem replacement solution with the benefit of not having to reprogram or change legacy components during an upgrade.
Customer service, Westermo North America