• Configurable as Access Point, Client or Bridge
• 2x2 MIMO
• 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz
• Flexible and easy set-up
• Special ICL mode for stable and secure inter-consist link
• Extended operating temperature range with guaranteed performance across the range
• High-level isolation enables direct mains connectivity
• EN 50155 approved for usage onboard trains and locomotives
• High power and high sensitivity for extended range and reliable wireless coverage
• Fast hand-off for continuous coverage application
• Robust DFS (radar detection) features
• Disturbance free operation close to other radio devices
The Westermo RT-220-LV is a Wireless LAN Node for on-board and stationary applications. It ensures reliable connection for applications such as video transmission and TCMS, especially useful for transparent inter-consist links (ICL) with automatic reconfiguration.
The RT-220-LV, along with the application-specific ICL antenna, is designed to withstand the tough environment on-board trains, exposing equipment to constant vibration, extreme temperatures, humidity and a demanding electromagnetic environment.
The radio module is calibrated to ensure high RF sensitivity (even at high data rates/modulations), stable RF links, optimised DFS handling, etc.
A GORE-TEX® membrane prevents internal condensation. High-level isolation between all interfaces enables direct connectivity to vehicle auxiliary power and protects against overvoltage and spikes/surge (powering over PoE is also avaliable). IP66 protection prevents ingress of water and dust even at the quick connect QMA connectors.
An overall optimised design results in a compact form factor in combination with very high MTBF for easy integration in space restricted & outdoor installations and low lifecycle cost.
Thorough type testing at independent labs certifies the compliance to a wide range of standards, not least EN 50155, FCC and EN 300440 (the latter opening the possibility to use the 5.8 GHz band in the EU region). Meeting the requirements of the railcar market, the RT-220-HV is very well suited for deployment in any other application with severe operating conditions and tough environments, for instance in the mining or shipping industry.
Customer service, Westermo North America